These are currently active support groups in the North Central Florida Area :
(Please let us know if you find any errors or would like us to consider adding your group to this page.)
- Alachua County Asperger (High Functioning Autism) Parent Support Group Alachua County, FL Contact: Cheryl Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alachua County Asperger Parent Support Group is a closed group on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlachuaCountyAspergers/ Anyone who cares for a child who has a diagnosis of High Functioning Autism and are local to Alachua County and the surrounding area is welcome to join. We offer a safe place to support one another on topics of physicians, therapists, schools, insurance, and more. We also have parent meet ups, Mom’s Nights Out, children play dates and meet ups, and family outings.
- Autism Parents of Suwannee County www.facebook.com/groups/277187595806841
This group is for parents with children who have Autism, or any special needs.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Focus Group Palatka, FL Contact: Cheryl Brenner at 386-467-3820 or email@example.com
A support group for parents to network with one another, share stories and give other ideas on helping their children succeed. Occasional trainings are provided to help parents learn how to help their children.Location/Meeting Times: PCSD Training Center 1001 Husson Avenue Palatka, FL 32177 CHILDCARE PROVIDED 2nd Tuesday of the month 6:30pm – 8pm We recommend you call or email Cheryl to confirm date and time of meeting.
- Autistic Adults of Gainesville, FL Gainesville, FL Contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/724661791035151/
Autistic Adults of Gainesville, FL is a group for autistic adults in the Gainesville area to talk, seek advice, and share information.
- CARD Lunch Bunch for Adults with ASD Gainesville, FL Contact: Robin Byrd at 352-846-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A lunch get together for adults age 18 and over, who have a documented diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Please bring money for lunch and if support is needed please bring your support person. /Meeting Times: Sweetberries 505 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32601. 2nd Monday of the month at 1pm.
9/7/17: The September meeting is cancelled due to Hurricane Irma.
- CARD Lunch Bunch for Adults with ASD Ocala, FL Contact: Robin Byrd at 352-846-3700 or email@example.com
A lunch get together for adults age 18 and over, who have a documented diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Please bring money for lunch and if support is needed please bring your support person. Location/Meeting Times: ***PLEASE NOTE NEW LOCATION*** El Toreo,3510 SW 36th Ave Hwy 200, Ocala, Florida, FL 34474. Last Friday of the month at 12pm.
- CASS (formerly the Citrus Autism Support Society) Inverness, FL Contact: Dawn Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org or Marianne Bryant bryant@citrus.K12.fl.us
CASS has a closed Facebook Group Page – http://www.facebook.com/groups/citrusautismservices. Their goal is to provide the latest information about upcoming conferences, webinars, provide links, resources and helpful hints for anyone interested in knowing more about autism. Location/Meeting Times: Key Training Administrative Offices located at 5399 W Gulf To Lake Hwy, Lecanto, Florida 34461. 2nd Tuesday of the month (except June and July) 10:30am – 11:30am. We recommend you confirm date and time of meeting with Dawn or Marianne.
- CAUSE Support Group Brooksville, FL Contact: Jen Lambke 352 346-1677 or www.facebook.com/causeautismgroup
A support group for parents and individuals with autism in the Hernando County Area. Location/Meeting Times: Hope Youth Ranch 17933 East Road Hudson, FL 34667. 1st Friday of every month 1:00pm- 3:00pm. Baycare Behavioral Health 15311 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34609. 3rd Wednesday of every month 6:30pm – 8:00pm (Baycare Behavioral Health will be holding a Social Skills Outreach Group at the same time. All children with and without ASD are welcome.) We recommend you check with Jen Lambke to confirm meeting times and locations.
- Gainesville Autism Parent Focus Group Gainesville, FL Contact: Margie Garlin at 352-846-2762 or email@example.com
Gainesville Autism Parent Focus Group is a support group for parents with children who have autism spectrum disorders. Come meet with other parents, share stories and discuss topics for future trainings. Location/Meeting Times: See note below.
This group usually meets the 3rd Friday of each month from 10am-Noon. Please check our calendar – http://card.ufl.edu/content/calendar.html – to confirm date/time/location of meeting. Don’t worry if you’re late just show up when you can!
Next Meeting: 12/16/16
2017 Dates: 1/27, 2/17, 3/17, 4/21, 5/19, 6/23, 7/21 ***Please note: This meeting has been changed to 7/28***, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17, 12/15
- Helping Hands PHPF (Parents Helping Parents) Ocala, FL Contact: Beth Inman (352)694-1229, www.facebook.com/groups/190032624393057
A parent support group for parents of children living with ASD and other special needs. Helping Hands invites you to connect with peers, gather valuable information and share thoughts, feelings, experiences, and ideas. Location/Meeting Times: Please contact Beth
- I am 4ever Family Alachua, FL Contact: Lenorea Francis Iam4everfamily@gmail.com
This group focuses on parent training and support. Parents will have an opportunity to network with each other, to share ideas and information. Please contact Lenorea for meeting times and location.
- IMPACT Autism at the University of Florida Gainesville, FL Contact: http://www.facebook.com/ImpactAutismUF or http://www.impactautismuf.org
Our mission is simple: to utilize the volunteerism, passion, and leadership of University of Florida students to directly IMPACT the lives of those in the community affected by autism. Our organization accomplishes this goal by creating volunteer opportunities for university students, promoting autism awareness through education, and fundraising to support the local autism community. Location/Meeting Times: Please see IMPACT Autism’s facebook page or website for details on all of their event.
- Let’s Go 4 Kids Gainesville, FL www.letsgo4kids.org, www.facebook.com/LetsGo123gainesville, www.facebook.com/groups/letsgo123
Our goal is to encourage families to build new friendships, enjoy “sensory-friendly” group activities within the community, and most importantly have fun! We have great activities scheduled and exciting programs are coming soon! Come and join the fun! “Get Ready. Get Set. Let’s Go!” Location/Meeting Times: Please see their facebook page for information on all of their events.
- MyFriends Gainesville, FL https://www.facebook.com/groups/1779158619065079/
This group will provide positive, welcoming social opportunities for adults with ASD where they can meet and make friends during fun community outings.
To join MyFriends you must: Be a UF-CARD constituent; Be 18 years or older; and Contact Ann-Marie Orlando at 352-392-7799 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MyTeenFriends Gainesville, FL
This group will provide positive, welcoming social opportunities for teens with ASD where they can meet and make friends during fun community outings.
To join MyTeenFriends you must: Be a UF-CARD constituent; Be 13 – 17 years old; and Contact Katie Roark at 352-392-4172 or email@example.com
- Noah’s Endeavor Adapted Athletics & Recreation Gainesville, FL Contact: www.facebook.com/NoahsEndeavor or noahsendeavor.org
Noah’s Endeavor provides inclusive community recreation for children and young adults of all abilities. Swimming, bowling, soccer, basketball, paint & play, and dancing are some of the activities they organize. Location/Meeting Times: Please see their facebook page or website for details on all of their events.
- Ocala Autism Center Ocala, FL Contact: Delsa Darline at 352-390-6656
Under the guidance of a trained mental health provider, our free Autism Parent Support Group emphasizes emotional support and provides an opportunity for shared experiences. Being part of a support group can help you develop a clearer understanding of what you are experiencing as well as receive practical advice or information about treatment options and resources, such as doctors and alternative options not only from a professional perspective but from your peers as well. Location/Meeting Times: Urban Counseling Southwood Medical Center 1130 SE 18th Place Ocala, FL 344713rd Tuesday of every month 10:00 am to 11:45 am For up to date events, services, and scholarship announcements please go to the KidGenius facebook page www.facebook.com/kidgeniusinc
- Outreach autism Services Network (OaSN) Ocala, FL Contact: Contact: 352-462-0168, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach autism Services Network Inc.™ (formerly Ocala Autism Support Network) is a non profit agency founded May 12, 2011 offering free autism services to the community. OaSN was founded to facilitate the BEST outcomes for individuals with autism through education seminars, respite care, social skills classes, referrals, support meetings, events and more. Please contact us for more information about our programs and services. Location/Meeting Times: 2801 SW College Road #12 Ocala, FL 34474 Office hours 8:30am-12:30pm M-F. Please visit OASN’s facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/OASNINC) or website: (www.outreachautismservicesnetwork.org) for information on all of their events.
- SOCIAL GATORS Gainesville, FL More Information: https://drc.dso.ufl.edu/students/social-gators/
SOCIAL Gators is a collaborative effort of UF CARD, the UF Disability Resource Center, and the UF Counseling & Wellness Center that was created to to help students navigate the social aspects of college.. Location/Meeting Times: Fridays from 3 – 4pm at the UF Disability Resource Center in Reid Hall