Apply at Careers at UF
Education/Training Spec II
Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
29120000 – MD-PSYCHIATRY
Education Training Specialist II
- Provide support and assistance to families and individuals with autism and related disabilities
- Provide consultation to schools and agencies serving individuals with autism and related disabilities
- Provide public education programs for community members to promote community awareness and acceptance of persons with autism and related disabilities DEVELOPMENT
- Arrange, conduct, and facilitate professional development programs as required by CARD grant and Florida Statute
- Collect required data for quarterly grant reports to the Florida Department of Education.
- Provide assistance for CARD volunteer program
- Develop training materials for teachers and families.
$47,000 – $60,000
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education & Training:
- Education in working with individuals who have autism and/or multiple disabilities, including sensory disabilities (hearing, vision, or deaf-blind)
- Training in early childhood special education
- Training in the inclusion of students with severe disabilities in general education settings Education/Training:
- Experience in working with individuals who have autism and/or multiple disabilities, including sensory disabilities (hearing, vision, or deaf-blind)
- Experience in working with families
- Experience in early childhood special education
- Experience in the inclusion of students with severe disabilities in general education settings
- Experience with individuals with severe disabilities who exhibit challenging behavior.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of three professional references with contact information.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT REQUIRED: No
28 Oct 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
11 Dec 2022 Eastern Standard Time