Update 4/23/2020: We’re still here to help!
Although our office is closed, UF CARD staff is working remotely and can still provide our services, free of charge, in the 14 Florida counties* we serve!
- We are providing live online trainings via Zoom for groups of 5 or more. Let us know how we can help you with your training goals by filling out our Training Request Form!
- We are preparing a new online session of our series Parent Training for Disruptive Behaviors. Email us if you would like to be notified when registration is open.
- We have online Learning Opportunities available to view at your own pace including our first podcast, CARDcast #1: A History of CARD at UF and in Florida. A new module in Our On-Demand Professional Development section on Social Skills will be available very soon.
- International Autism expert, Peter Vermeulen will present these ONLINE trainings April 21-25, 2020: Autism as Absolute Thinking in a Relative World: Context Blindness 2.0; Sensory Issues in Autism: Are They Really Sensory?; Autism and Relationships (Including Friendship): Clarifying the Challenge and the Challenge of Clarifying; Autism and Happiness: From Neurodiversity Towards Neuroharmony. Register Now!
Technical Assistance (to schools and school districts)
- We can provide assistance to classroom/agency staff, support staff, or administration in a variety of areas including instructional strategies, behavior management, communication training, etc. via Zoom or telephone. Watch for announcements from us and the Florida Department of Education.
- We are eager to participate in online meetings hosted by schools and agencies.
- See our calendar for information about our Teacher Forums we are hosting every other Friday.
Consultation (to parents and care providers)
- We are receiving new referrals from families daily and are able to provide support via email, phone, and online via Zoom. If you have a CARD staff member who has been assigned to work with you, please feel free to reach out by phone or email. All others can contact us by calling our main phone line 352-265-2230 or emailing us.
- Online support groups for families, caregivers, and adults with ASD. See our calendar for information about our Parent Forums we are hosting every other Friday.
- Contact us by calling our main phone line 352-265-2230 or emailing us.
- We have compiled various resources we hope you will find helpful during this difficult time.
- Follow our Facebook page for frequent posts.
The University of Florida has suspended all face-to-face activities and travel until further notice. We are still open, but using remote tools like email, phone, and video conferencing to maintain safe social distance during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have a CARD staff member who has been assigned to work with you, please feel free to reach out by phone or email. All others can contact us through our main phone line 352-265-2230 or send us an email.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff, and the constituents, families and professionals that we serve. All 7 CARD Centers throughout the state are posting new social stories and information for constituents on our websites and social media. Our Autism and UF – Together We CAN Conference, originally scheduled for April 17-18 has been postponed. We hope to be able to reschedule it for some time in the fall. Please stay connected with us through our website and social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) for updates and resources.
La Universidad de Florida ha suspendido todas las actividades cara a cara y viajar hasta nuevo aviso. Todavía estamos abiertos, pero utilizando herramientas remotas como correo electrónico, teléfono, y videoconferencia para mantener la distancia social segura durante la pandemia COVID-19. Si tiene un miembro del personal de CARD que ha sido asignado para trabajar con usted, no dude en comunicarse por teléfono o correo electrónico. Todos los demás pueden ponerse en contact con nosotros a través de nuestra línea telefónica principal 352-265-2230 o enviarnos un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nuestra máxima prioridad es la salud y seguridad de nuestro personal, constituyentes y de las familias, y profesionales a los que servimos. Los 7 centros CARD en todo el estado están publicando nuevas historias sociales y información para los electores en nuestros sitios web y redes sociales. Nuestra Conferencia Autismo y UF-Junto Podemos, originalmente programada para el 17-18 de abril ha sido pospuesta. Esperamos poder volver a reprogramarla durante algún tiempo en el otoño. Por favor, manténgase conectado con nosotros a través de nuestro sitio web y redes sociales para actualizaciones y recursos.
*Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Suwannee, Union