2019 CARD Conference Scholarship Opportunity
The University of Florida – Gainesville, Center for Autism and Related Disabilities is offering 10 scholarships to constituents, parents/guardians of constituents and educators who would like to attend the 2019 CARD Conference and need financial support.
When: January 18-20, 2019
Where: The Florida Hotel and Conference Center-1500 Sand Lake Road Orlando, FL 32809
Purpose: The purpose of the annual conference is to provide information on state-of the-art practices in areas that promote quality community based life-styles for individuals with autism, deafblindness, and related disabilities. Conference participants will learn about current research findings and their implications as well as practical strategies related to communication and social interventions, transition to adulthood, positive behavior support, early intervention, and social and community inclusion.The conference will offer a series of breakout sessions and keynote presentations by experts in the field of autism and related disabilities.
What the Scholarship includes: Registration will be pre-paid by CARD and up to $150 in hotel costs will be reimbursed upon return.
1. All applicants must either be a UF CARD constituent, parent or guardian of the constituent, or an educator who reside in Alachua, Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Lafayette, Levy, Marion, Putnam, Suwannee or Union County.
2. Applications are due on 9/28/2018.
3. Applications for funding will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the status by 10/1/2018.
4. Applicants must agree to bring back information to share with other constituents, parents and/or educators.
5. Scholarship winners are required to submit all receipts and proof of attendance for reimbursement within 10 days of returning from the conference.
6. If you are unable to complete the online application please call 352-846-3455 to register.