Parent/Educator Scholarships Available for CARD Conference
The University of Florida – Gainesville, Center for Autism and Related Disabilities is offering 15 scholarships to constituents, parents/guardians of constituents and educators who would like to attend the 2017 CARD Conference and need financial assistance. Interested individuals should complete the attached application and follow the directions below.
When: January 20-22, 2017
Where: The Florida Hotel and Conference Center-1500 Sand Lake Road Orlando, FL 32809
Purpose: The purpose of the annual conference is to provide information on state-of the-art practices in areas that promote quality community based life-styles for individuals with autism, deafblindness, and related disabilities. Conference participants will learn about current research findings and their implications as well as practical strategies related to communication and social interventions, transition to adulthood, positive behavior support, early intervention, and social and community inclusion.
The conference will offer a series of breakout sessions and keynote presentations by experts in the field of autism and related disabilities.
What the Scholarship includes: Registration will be pre-paid by CARD and up to $150 in hotel costs will be reimbursed upon return.
- All applicants must either be a UF CARD constituent, parent or guardian of the constituent, or an educator.
- Applications are due on 12/16/2016.
- Applications for funding will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the status by12/20/2016.
- Applicants must agree to bring back information to share with other constituents/parents.
- Scholarship winners are required to submit all receipts and proof of attendance forreimbursement within 10 days of returning from the conference.
- Submit completed applications to Alissa Yax:
In-Person: 2046 NE Waldo Road Suite 3200 Gainesville, FL 32609
Click on the image below to download a pdf of the application.